The Banyule Children’s Gift Appeal is an annual initiative that provides quality new gifts, toys and vouchers to local families experiencing financial hardship. Over many years the community has supported 1000’s of families and their children. In 2017, close to 400 children who live in Banyule received gifts, all thanks to community donations.
This year we are seeking toys suitable for children under 3, boys and girls aged between 7 and 12 and donations of money to be used to purchase gift cards for children over 12. Some popular toy ideas include Lego, bike accessories, craft, jewellery, tea sets and dress-ups, colouring items, toy cars, dolls, puzzles, building blocks and sports equipment. Please note, we cannot accept soft toys.
You can find out more about the appeal, and how to donate or volunteer, by reading this information sheet: Information sheet – Banyule Childrens Gift Appeal 2018
From 1 November to 19th December 2018 residents can place new toys and gifts in public donation bins located at:
- Watermarc, 1 Flintoff Street Greensborough
- Banyule Community Health, 21 Alamein Rd, West Heidelberg
- Ivanhoe Library, 255 Upper Heidelberg Rd, Ivanhoe
- Rosanna Library, 72 Turnham Ave, Rosanna
- Watsonia Library, 4/6 Ibbottson St, Watsonia
- Council’s Ivanhoe Customer Service Centre, 275 Upper Heidelberg Road, Ivanhoe
- Ivanhoe Aquatic, 70 Waterdale Rd, Ivanhoe