The purpose of the Emergency Relief Program is to assist families and individuals in financial crisis who have a current Health Care Card or Pension Card and live in the postcode areas 3079, 3081, 3084, and 3085.
BANSIC administers Emergency Relief (ER) funds from the Federal Government, Heidelberg Court, Grants, Donors and BANSIC fundraising.
ER is available in the form of:
- Material aid – Coles gift cards, food parcels
- Referral to Diamond Valley Foodshare
- Myki Day Pass cards
- Telstra vouchers
- Telstra phone cards
- Payment for essential medication
- Back to school help – uniform and books
- Referral to other ER agencies
All clients are assessed on an individual basis for their eligibility for each service.
The monetary value of funds provided, number of times assisted each year, and the period between Emergency Relief assistance are determined by the funds available.