At BANSIC, our accredited volunteers can assist you in accessing the information you need to address any number of issues.
We can advocate for you, provide further reading material, or refer you to relevant local services for any of the following:
If you’re looking to resolve any financial obstacles, or are seeking financial advice, we can provide information, or refer you to programs which will be of help.
- Building a personal budget
- Gaining access to funds
- Referral to financial counseling services
- Resolution of financial complaints
If you’re experiencing any issues with accommodation, our volunteers are here to point you in the right direction. We can advocate for you, or refer you to housing services, depending on your unique situation
- Finding accommodation (both temporary and permanent)
- Gaining access to crisis accommodation
- Requesting mortgage relief
If you’re looking to further your education, and gain access to educational institutions and programs, we can help you achieve your goals.
- Back to school help
- Referral to education services and apprenticeships
- Referral to youth re-engagement learning programs
- Information on transition options for young people
If you’re in need of legal assistance, our volunteers can get you up to date on the right information, and point you in the direction of professional legal services.
- Clarification of your rights
- Referral to relevant legal services
- Referral to public advocacy
If you, or your loved one/s, are struggling with mental health issues, BANSIC can provide information and support, or refer you to relevant services.
- Referral to counseling services
- Referral to psychology clinics
- Access to case management
Physical health is foundational to quality of life. At BANSIC, we want to ensure you have access to the services and information you need to be at your healthiest.
- Referral to health specialists
- Referral to occupational therapy
- Referral to affordable clinics (teaching clinics)
- Support and advocacy when calling nurse-on-call
If you, or someone you know, is struggling with addiction, our accredited volunteers can offer non-judgmental support, and refer you to recovery programs, and counseling.
- Gambling recovery
- Other drugs
Pregnancy and Parenting
Are you pregnant, planning a family, or already a parent? Get the information, and resources you need to make educated decisions, and build the right skills for your situation.
- Referral to Family Planning Victoria
- Gaining access to advice lines specific to pregnancy and parenting
- Gaining access to parenting education
If you’re currently looking for work, or are already employed and have questions, BANSIC can advocate for you, and provide you with the resources and referrals you need to achieve your aims.
- Direct referral to in-house employment services
- Access to skill building information
- Referral to educational resources
Family violence, assault and trauma
If you, or someone you know, is struggling with family violence, or dealing with the effects of assault, and trauma, our accredited volunteers are here to support you, and make sure you get the help you need.
How we can help:
- Referral to specialist services
- Referral to safe housing
- Access to crisis support