What is NILS?
The NO INTEREST LOAN SCHEME (NILS) provides individuals and families on a low income access to safe, fair and affordable credit.
- NO FEES
- NO CHARGES
- NO INTEREST
Maximum loan amounts may vary, but credit can start from $300 up to $1200 for essential goods and services. Once your application is approved, repayments are set up at an affordable amount over a 12 to 18 months period.
With NILS, no credit checks are made as this is a program based on trust and respect.
WHAT ARE THE LOANS FOR?
Loans are generally available for the purchase of essential goods and services.
These may include:
- Household items like fridges, freezers, washing machines, stoves, clothes dryers and some furniture
- Some medical and dental services
- Educational essentials such as computers and text books
- Some other items as requested.
DO I QUALIFY FOR NILS?
To qualify you must:
- Have a Health Care Card/Pension Card or be on a low income
- Reside in your current premises for more than 3 months
- Show a willingness and capacity to repay.
NILS is available by appointment. For further information, please call us on (03) 9497 2777 Monday to Friday between 10am – 2.30pm