We welcome support, monetary and in kind, for people in need.
Tax Deductible Donations
The Australian Taxation Office has granted BANSIC Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status. Donations greater than $2 are therefore tax deductible. The money received is used by BANSIC for various purposes including to
- Purchase food vouchers and non-perishable food
- Help with Back to School expenses
- Purchase daily Myki tickets
- Provide essential medication
Gifts in kind are also greatly appreciated. We are indebted to the public for their donations of, for example:
- Non-perishable food
BANSIC applies for grants to supplement Emergency Relief funds, and sometimes to enable updating of equipment, e.g. computers, photocopier.
BANSIC Committee of Management thanks the following organisations for their generous support.
- Dept. of Social Services
- Hon. Jenny Macklin and staff
- Heidelberg Magistrates Court
- Diamond Valley Foodshare
- Rosanna Uniting Church parish
- Heidelberg – East Ivanhoe Uniting Church parish (Scots Church)
- Heidelberg – East Ivanhoe Bendigo Community Bank
- e-focus, Heidelberg
- Ivanhoe Grammar School
- William Angliss Charitable Fund