You can make a difference
There are many people in our community who need help. They look to BANSIC for assistance and referral.
When you volunteer with BANSIC you can make a noticeable difference to our community and the lives of individuals by:
- Empowering them by working through solutions to their problems
- Referring them to specialist service providers
- Offering Emergency Relief
- Lending a supportive, non-judgemental ear
- Providing up-to-date information on a broad range of topics
What can you gain by volunteering?
When you volunteer with BANSIC you can benefit in a number of ways.
- Joining a friendly, supportive and dedicated team
- Feeling useful, needed and appreciated
- Gaining satisfaction from contributing to a meaningful initiative or project
- Learning new skills that can be utilised in your personal and professional life
- Improving employability (e.g. graduate students and parents returning to work)
Who can volunteer?
BANSIC welcomes people who are:
- Committed to making a difference to our community.
- Willing and able to share their skills, talents, and life and work experience.
- Available to contribute to one or more of the functions of our agency at least a few hours each week.
*Note: a police and working with children check may be required.
What do volunteers do?
Depending on your interests and availability, BANSIC will endeavour to work with you to identify a suitable role.
BANSIC offers volunteers the opportunity to work directly with clients (e.g. Community Information Worker) or in the following areas:
- Information management (e.g. Pamphlets and Booklets Team Worker)
- Projects and business (e.g. marketing and grant writing)
How to get involved?
To find out more information please contact BANSIC or visit our office.
Join our friendly and dedicated team of volunteers today!